Spirit Week Returns to WMC

Spirit Week Returns to WMC

Brielle Rapach, Social Media Editor

During the week of Monday, October 10th, WMC students got the chance to show off their school spirit with a variety of themed schooldays.

Taking place every October, Spirit Week is known for adding to the excitement leading up to the homecoming football game.  Student council member Albert Garrido had a large role in the planning of the themes for the week.

“Spirit Week is a great way to show school spirit and support for the football team”, he says.  “Not only does it get everyone pumped for the game at the end of the week, but is also a fun way to get the students of WMC to come together”.  

The week kicked off on Monday with an America-themed day; students dressed up in red, white and blue to show their patriotism and love for the USA.  Tuesday, the half-day for teacher professional development, was perfect for a cozy day in pajamas.  Participating students rocked all-pajama attire; some even went as far as wearing slippers to complete this fresh-out-of-bed look.  
Since WMC had off on Wednesday for Yom Kippur, spirit week resumed on Thursday with a Hawaiian day, which consisted of flowered-shirts and Hawaiian leis.  Finally, on Friday, the color pink could be seen at any location all day throughout the school; representing WMC with their pink homecoming shirts, students wore all-pink outfits in honor of October’s Breast Cancer Awareness month.  The pink-out has been a homecoming tradition for many years.

“The pink-out allows us to join together in the fight against breast cancer”, Albert continues.  “It’s nice to see our school supporting the same fight”.

The pink-out was taken to the next level at the actual football game.  Along with the shirts, pink face paint, cowbells, and other fun additions were present as well, making for a great conclusion to the week.  Spirit Week is a great, easy way to get involved with WMC.  If you didn’t participate this year, make sure to join in on the fun next year!  spirit-week-2