Here’s to Team Peace and Project Purple

There has been much popularity in the school about two groups, Team Peace and Project Purple. These two groups have been reported to be very active this year. Team Peace is one of these clubs.

It is the school’s anti-bullying club whose purpose is to provide a safe, fun environment to work on building a school climate of respect and understanding.

They have worked on various campaigns throughout the year. For example, some of these included the Week of Respect or Week of Kindness, lunch activities that focus on promoting tolerance, mutual respect and learning how to interact with peers in a more empathic manner.

Other than the past campaigns, the group has participated in a flash mob, and the Week of peace to promote kindness. It was reported that this year they were going to attempt another flash mob and if possible a coffee house evening event.

According to Mrs. Cartier, the leader of both Team Peace and Project Purple, they “are open to suggestions and meet a few times a month in A122.  To join the club and receive updates about the meetings any student interested can text @projectpe to 908-741-4143 and they will receive text updates about our meeting schedule” (Mrs. Cartier).

The content of their meetings is to identify the various campaigns and activities that they plan to sponsor during the school year, and continue to do so during the current school year.

The other group is Project Purple. It is known to be a sobriety and recovery support group.

They have attempted to start that after an important speaker, Chris Herren, spoke at West Morris Central. Although there is currently very little interest from the students to participate in this group, Project Purple is determined to perform to the best of their abilities for the school this year.

When asked to comment also on Project Purple, Mrs. Cartier replied, “I am willing to run any group or will work on club ideas if a student presents an idea that they are passionate about that also will help create a culture of acceptance, understanding and respect.”

With these two groups to help out the students and the school of West Morris Central, it is clear that the students shall be in good hands during the school year.

Here’s to Project Purple and Team Peace, two social groups who work because they care about the school and the students in it.