Semi-Formal is Underway at WMC

Semi-Formal is Underway at WMC

Brielle Rapach, Social Media Editor

WMC’s highly anticipated Semi-Formal dance is quickly approaching, and plans for the event have been taking off within the last few weeks.

Held annually every winter in our school’s gymnasium, Semi is a school-wide dance for all students at WMC.  Popular amongst all grades, Semi is a great excuse to get dressed up, enjoy a variety of delicious foods, and have a memorable night out with friends.

The theme of the dance was voted upon with the use of a Google survey.  This year, the choices were “In the Clouds”, “Tim Burton” and “Enchanted Forest”.  After the student body casted their votes, “Enchanted Forest” was determined to be the winner.  

Each year, students involved in WMC’s Art Club contribute to Semi by planning and designing decorations such as backdrops, cutouts, posters and so on, which are intended to be set up in the gym.  Art Club member Krystyna Constantino is helping to bring this “Enchanted Forest” to life.

“We are getting extremely creative with our decorations”, says Krystyna.  “One unique idea we had was to use coffee filters to make garlands.  These garlands are going to serve as vines and other types of foliage to give the gym an authentic forest look”.  

In addition to decorations, Krystyna also discussed proposed plans for the lighting.  “The lighting will be a bit dark, which will give the room an earthy vibe”, she explains.  The lighting will definitely be a contrast compared to last year’s bright, illuminated New York City themed lights.  

Setting up is not limited to members of Art Club; all students are encouraged to help after school as well.  

Mrs. Fabin’s entrepreneurship classes were also given the opportunity to contribute to the preparation of Semi.  Each student designed a ticket that students attending Semi will have to purchase for entrance.  The tickets will be looked at by those in Art Club, and the ticket that appears to be the most fitting/creative for Semi will be used as the official ticket design.  

As you can see, Semi is a night that you won’t want to miss.  Tickets are $20.00 and can be purchased during lunch at the C-wing ramp or throughout the day in room C140.  Semi begins at 7:00 pm on Saturday, December 10th, and goes until 11:00 pm.  Come to Semi; it’s guaranteed to be an amazing time!  
“Enchanted Forest” photo courtesy of pixelstalk.net