Nick Dargel~Athlete of the Month

Nick Dargel~Athlete of the Month

Nick Dargel, a senior at Central, has led WMC baseball to success in the first four games of the season. In addition to playing for the school team, Dargel also plays for the Morris County Cubs which is a baseball club for Northern NJ. Due to his efforts all of his four years in baseball, especially this year, he has been nominated for Athlete of the Month.

Although the team is just starting their season with a current record of 2-5 he believes that the season will improve despite the high level of their competition. Dargel would describe the baseball program at Central as consistently energetic with distinct highs and lows. As far as competition, Dargel states that Delbarton is usually the toughest opponent of the season.

The head baseball coach is Tom Reindel who is not a teacher at Central but someone that is a prominent part of the baseball program. Dargel says that the best advice that he has ever received in anything baseball was from Reindel who advised him to, “Stay calm. For me personally, just staying calm really helps me as an athlete.”

Dargel will be graduating this year, with hopefully few regrets concerning his successful high school career. However, if he was able to advise his freshman self he would tell him, “Enjoy the moments and stay consistent with your work ethic. Control the things you can, don’t worry about the things that you can’t.”

Dargel is committed to Wesleyan University to play Division Three baseball! There, he plans to continue his athletic and academic career as a Cardinal. Congratulations, Nick!