Unified Basketball Alumni Game

Coach O’Toole
Group Picture from Unified Alumni Game

It’s Unified Basketball season! This year Unified Basketball started off the season strong with fun activities to get the team excited. The first activity is the annual alumni game that took place on December 20th. 

The alumni game, past athletes and partners came to the school to play people from the existing team in some friendly competition. During the game the student section went wild when baskets were made. Aidan Pisone sank two three pointers playing for the alumni side (Coach Buchanan’s team) and Aidan Hester was dominant on the white team (Coach O’Toole’s team). Because there were not enough alumni, some of the Unified players joined the other team to make it fair. Unified was dressed in navy and the alumnus wore white. Each team consistently racked up points but the time was tickling and it was down to the wire. In the last ten minutes of the game, with the Unified team down points, Coach O’Toole and Buchanan fed into the ambition to pull out a win. The last ten minutes were intense, with both teams scoring points back and forth. With seven minutes left, the teams were tied at 30. Five minutes to go, Unified was up 34-30, putting two baskets in. But as soon as the second basket was scored the alumnus took the ball down the court putting one back on the board. The final ended up being tied at 36-36 and the two teams put in great fight and effort.