NFL Season Predictions: NFC

Logo+of+the+National+Football+Conference+
Logo of the National Football Conference

This is the second article out of 3 predicting the NFL season, Don’t worry- I’m aware we are already at week 7 but this article’s predictions were made at the same time as my AFC ones. This article was delayed due to sickness which I think was given to me to silence my predictions because for those of you who bet on sports could have made a lot of money listening to me.

Division Winners

Eagles (14-3)

As much as it pains me to say this, the Eagles have the strongest and deepest roster in the league. Their offensive line could turn any team into a contender and the same thing goes for their defensive line. Philly is built with championship blood as this team is loaded with former Georgia Bulldogs players. Rookie defensive tackle Jalen Carter should have been a top 3 pick in my opinion and will win defensive rookie of the year. Jalen Hurts should be in the MVP conversation by season’s end but I don’t think he will win it. If you’re an Eagles fan, enjoy it while it lasts.

49ers (14-3)

In my head there is a 50/50 split for best roster in the league and I’m leaning towards Eagles but if Mr Relevant Brock Purdy plays like he did at the end of last season again I could see me preferring the 49ers the whole way. Brandon Ayiuk will break out this year as Deebo Samuels’ role sadly continues to go down. Christian Mccaffrey will put himself in the MVP conversation as he probably makes me even angrier for him going one pick in front of me in fantasy. Will this be the season the 49ers make it past the hump and win a Superbowl? Who knows? Me of course, but i’m not going to tell you yet.

Lions (12-5)

THE GOFF-ENSE IS REAL! It took 5 years but now people seem to agree with me when I say Jared Goff is a good quarterback. This defense was a bottom 5 unit last year but with improvements at quite literally every position such as CJ Gardner Johnson and Cam Sutton. My favorite draft prospect from last season Jameson Williams is currently serving a 6 game suspension for violating the NFL’s Gambling policy (PLEASE READ MY EDITORIAL IF INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE) but when he comes back I expect big things. Dan Cambell, the greatest quote machine of all time, will be biting off kneecaps all the way to the playoffs.

Buccaneers (9-8)

I am probably the biggest Baker Mayfield fan in the world. Over the offseason I never saw the issue that other analysts and fans saw with this team. The defense is pretty much near the same as it was when they won the superbowl. The offense is literally the exact same minus Tom Brady, Gronkowski, and Ronald Jones. Everyone is pointing the finger at the quarterback situation as the glaring hole on this team. However I think Mayfield is good enough to make this team competitive and surprise quite a lot of people.

Wildcard

Cowboys (11-6)

Cowboys hatred runs deep through my DNA. This defense will be special this season with Defensive Player Of The Year candidates like Micah Parsons and Trevon Diggs. Dak Prescott needs to control the ball better and this team can go far in the playoffs. Ceedee Lamb is a great wide receiver but I still think he’s better off being an amazing #2 options. As long as everyone stays healthy I can even see this team winning their division.

Vikings(10-7)

Let me get one thing straight. This team could finish 12-5 or 3-14. This defense is so horrible it’s not even funny and pretty much each game they play this season will be won in high scoring shootouts. Kirk Cousins is a top 10 quarterback and will have a great season throwing to the best wide receiver in the league Justin Jefferson. They also have no running game so throwing the ball will be pretty much all the vikings do so expect a potentially record breaking passing offense.

Seahawks (10-7)

The Seahawks are the third youngest team in the league right now and yet feel like such an old roster because of Geno Smith. Geno is a good quarterback right now and his story has been amazing to watch but if the Seahawks could nab one of the top QB’s in this draft they would be set up to be running the league soon. I’m not entirely sure about this defense but it could be deadly if Devon Witherspoon is as good as the Seahawks believed him to be.

Missed the playoffs

Packers (9-8)

The biggest question surrounding this team is Jordan Love. After being drafted in the same class as already established names like Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, and Jalen Hurts he looks to add his name to the list of great Quarterbacks from the 2020 draft. The weapons he has to throw too are sufficient such as Christian Watson and emerging wideout Romeo Doubs who looked good in flashes last season. I’m sure Packers fans dont love going from Rodgers and Adams to that but the Packers need a new identity and I think that will come next year.

Commanders (8-9)

Who is Sam Howell? The 5th round pick out of North Carolina was projected as a first round pick all throughout last year’s draft process and fell due to his lack of improvement in his Junior year. But I’ll tell you who he is. A good player. There’s a lot to be excited for in the next coming years for Commanders fans.

Rams (8-9)

Matt Stafford is an elite quarterback and is being extremely disrespected in the NFC quarterback rankings. In my eyes he’s still top 15 which is saying a lot for a league where every team seems to have a superstar nowadays. Him and Cooper Kupp will be showing off all season and I think we might see a 2000 yard season from Kupp. The Rams have no running game and Cam Akers already looks like how Todd Gurley looked at the end of his career. A lot of people have the Rams being awful this year but that just isn’t the case.

Giants (7-10)

Giants fans were worried about potentially losing Daniel Jones or Saquan Barkley during the offseason after contract negotiations with Jones would have potentially forced the Giants to use the franchise tag on him instead of Barkley. Jones ended up signing a 4 year 160 Million dollar extension which the Giants may grow to regret. I was very confused with the moves they made over the offseason. They had interior offensive line issues and wide receiver problems and instead of addressing them they picked up a lot of middle of the line slot receivers and used later draft picks on receivers and linemen. Expect the Giants to struggle this year.

Falcons (7-10)

Bijan Robinson is already a Hall Of Fame running back in my eyes and he hasn’t even played a game yet. The only thing stopping the Falcons from going 17-0 behind Bijan is Desmond Ridder and the defense. Ridder’s poor decision making and arm strength will be the fall of this team as I see him as a poor game manager like Ryan Tannehill but worse. This defense is for sure better than last year after signing former Bengals safety Jessie Bates III to the largest contract for a safety in NFL history. However the problem for this defense is the linebacking core but I have faith in improvements by 2019 7th round pick Kaiden Ellis who I was high on when I did my draft research that year. Overall a lot of ups and downs for Falcons fans this year but I could see it taking anywhere from 28 to 3 years for them to be relevant in the NFC again.

Saints (7-10)

The Ghost of Derek Carr haunts this offense and will hold it back for the year. Carr certainly won’t lose you games but he won’t be the one winning them either he’s a perfect middle of the pack game manager like Jimmy Garoppolo the years the 49ers went to the superbowl. The only difference is the 49ers have a better roster that year then the current Saints. Even though hate is a strong word I hate Sean Payton and I’m glad he’s gone from this team and Dennis Allen will do a serviceable Job this year. The Saints are a solid team, they just don’t really jump out at me in any category.

Panthers (5-12)

Here is exactly how the Panthers season is going to go. The Panthers are going to suck for a while and fans are going to jump on Bryce Young for not being good. Then, sometime around midseason they will start to put it together and win games and fans are still going to say that Bryce Young is a bust or that they should’ve taken Richardson or Stroud. Then the season is going to be over and the Panthers will trade Brian Burns somewhere for a first round pick because they traded theirs to the Bears for the right to draft Bryce Young and then Panthers fans will be mad to lose Brian Burns and blame it on Young again. So just be patient Panthers fans because in 3 seasons you guys will be great.

Bears (4-13)

Bears need a new Head Coach, Running back, offensive coordinator, maybe defensive coordinator, and defensive line. They also need to get rid of Chase Claypool who to quote Steven A Smith is a Bonafide Scrub. I think highly of Justin Fields but he needs to work on his accuracy a lot as he was near the bottom of the league on catchable ball percentage last year. Maybe the Bears have a shot at Caleb Williams and then are left with the question of rebuilding again or sticking with Fields again.

Cardinals (3-14)

The Cardinals would not be this low if it wasn’t for the unfortunate injury to Kyler Murray late last season as he is an amazing QB and can run the whole offense by himself most of the time. Josh Dobbs was traded here before the season started and he is a very serviceable replacement. The Cardinals will upset a couple teams this year but they are the obvious choice for worst team in the league.