Teacher Spotlight: WMC Student-turned-teacher and Coach, Mr. Frayne

The Wolfpack is known throughout Long Valley as a team not to be messed with.

Katie Barton, Staff Writer

Mr. Frayne used to walk the same halls we do when he was a student here at WMC. Now he is a physical education teacher and football coach.

Like some of the other teachers at the school, Mr. Frayne is a former student and football player at West Morris Central. After traveling down to Kentucky to attend Morehead State University, he returned to Long Valley to become a physical education teacher and a varsity football coach for the Wolfpack.

Coach Frayne is best known for his booming voice during games, both on and off the field. When I asked him why he decided to become a football coach for Central, he said that since his NFL career wasn’t going to workout, he still wanted to pursue his love for the sport:  “When I went to school here I really enjoyed the football program and coaches and realized that was something I would like to do.”

Here at Central we are lucky enough to have a lot of great teachers for every subject. We not only see Mr.Frayne on the football field, but also in the classroom, teaching physical education and health to freshman through seniors. When I asked him why he decided to become a teacher, he replied, “I really made up my mind in high school that I wanted to become a teacher, preferably at WMC. A lot of it has to do with the teachers who taught me, and I enjoyed it and saw that they enjoyed it also.”

Mr.Frayne plans to keep teaching here at WMC. He also plans to continue coaching our great football team, leading them to the state championships as long as he can.