The Paw Newspaper

The Paw Newspaper

The Paw Newspaper

Cade Zeolla- Athlete of the Month

Congratulations to junior Cade Zeolla! He has been nominated for January Athlete of the Month for his outstanding efforts in winter track, specifically pole vaulting.
Zeolla participates in both spring and winter track and competes in pole vaulting during both seasons. His current record for indoor track is 15 feet, 6 ¼ inches. Zeolla has the freshman, sophomore, and junior record for the school! He also holds the county record as well.
Zeolla has been pole vaulting for just four years, and he gives credit to both “Coach Landshoff and a private trainer who is the Rutgers coach…they both helped me a lot.”
Zeolla further commented, “The whole experience of going to meets and the bus rides with really fun people.”
Zeolla’s favorite memory is the day when he “jumped 15 feet, 6 inches. It was my third attempt, everyone there was clapping for me, it was really exciting”.
If he was able to talk to his freshman self and give advice, he would tell him to “trust the process.”
Zeolla is not specifically set on one college. He stated his plan is to“get into the best school I possibly can, and if not, find a really good school right for me academically.” Congratulations, Cade!