RFK JR. Runs Independent What This Means For Him

This comes after he announced he would make a major announcement on Monday October 9th.

Robert F Kennedy, one of the two Democrats challenging President Joe Biden in the primaries has now announced that he is running as an independent.  According to Axios, he is . “declaring independence” from the “tyranny of corruption that robs us of affordable lives, our belief in the future and our respect for each other.” 

Kennedy also stated, “People suspect that the divisions are deliberately orchestrated, they’re fed up with being fooled and they’re ready to take back power.” Axios Reported.  It is true that people are tired of division and are ready to take back power. But he isn’t the candidate they want. They want Donald Trump. According to a poll released by Washington Post and ABC released two weeks ago, “Trump would win 52% to 42% over Biden.” But it is possible that Kennedy could still win if he takes Biden’s voters and maybe if he could some of Trump’s voters. 

But with this announcement, Kennedy drew criticism from both Republicans and Democrats. In a joint statement on X (formerly known as Twitter) one of his own sisters Kerry Kennedy wrote “Bobby might share the same name as our father, but he does not share the same values, vision or judgment, We denounce his candidacy and believe it to be perilous for our country.” This is a slap in the face to her brother.

Trump spokesman Steven Cheung said, “Voters should not be deceived by anyone who pretends to have conservative values, nothing more than a vanity project for a liberal Kennedy looking to cash in on his family’s name.” Cheung is right. Voters should not be deceived by a single person who pretends to have conservative values.  Although Kennedy didn’t say anything in response to Cheung or Kennedy, in his speech he said “The truth is, they’re both right, My intention is to spoil it for both of them.”  He is addressing both Republicans and Democrats who will attack him for his decision.

But the only candidate’s chances in the race he could truly spoil is Joe Biden.  It is way easier for Kennedy to win just because of the name. The General Election is November 7th, 2024.