Skiing Vs. Snowboarding

Throughout the high school, many students have debated over which winter sport is better, skiing or snowboarding. Students continue to disagree over this topic, defending their sport is over the other.

The senior, Christopher Bartlett, has been a skier for many years, therefore he thinks skiing is better. He says “We may all be goons, but we are all goons together”. Senior Kelly Garrison agrees with Bartlett, and adds “ Its easier to learn”. In addition to these students, Mr. Lawrence prefers skiing because “It is original, unlike snowboarding which mimics surfing and skateboarding.” Mr. Jacobsen, a skier as well, also agrees with Mr. Lawrence enhancing it by stating “ Skiing is safer”.

On the other hand, there are many students walking the halls that say snowboarding is better. Just ask Evan Teed, the president of the WMC Ski Club, who says snowboarding is better because “You can’t shred the gnar on skis”. Another West Morris Central student, Alex Kennedy, agrees with Teed by saying “ You go faster on one board”. Jesse Dorris, a four year WMC Ski Club member, says “Snowboarding is definitely better than skiing”. When asked why he chose snowboarding over skiing, Dorris stated “I grew up on surf boards and skateboards so snowboarding came naturally to me”.

After hearing from the students of West Morris Central, which winter sport is your favorite, skiing or snowboarding? Will you stay on the safe side with skis or take a risk and try snowboarding?