Good Morning West Morris: Meet the Announcements Crew

“It’s Dante, Victoria, Kaitlin, and Carly! Bringing you the West Morris Central Morning Announcements!”

These four Seniors have the task of starting West Morris Central Student’s days with a smile. From what students at West Morris hear, these four individuals read the announcements and say the pledge–But what goes on behind the scenes?

Every morning before the bell rings, the announcement crew, comprised of Seniors Dante Mustacchio, Kaitlin Fleming, Carly Hatcher, and Victoria Valentino scramble to prepare announcements to deliver to WMC students at promptly 7:37 every morning. Valentino outlines this preparation:

“We basically rehearsed reading the announcements and figure out how to pronounce names, or decode teacher’s handwriting. And then we also talk in between.”

Some people may be surprised to know that the morning announcement crew has their own ‘office’ well equipped with a conference table and a whiteboard. This fab four even specially asked their advisor, Mrs. Dumbrill to let them have markers to draw on it:

“We have countdowns until college acceptances, when we graduate, and then some random drawings,” Mustacchio claimed.

Not only does this quartet get to leave class five minutes early, they are the first to know the important events happening at West Morris:

“We actually get to hear the announcements since we are the ones saying them. It also makes me feel like a bigger part of the school.” Fleming stated.

Not only are these four privileged to have access to office amenities such as the motion detected candy dispenser, they also get to leave class early. This would be a deal maker for any student, but these four had to audition for this part. It is clear by listening to the announcements that all four of these individuals enjoy participating in this activity–Whether students are listening or not.

Upon arriving to deliver the hot news of WMC, the four have also developed a decent relationship with staff members as Hatcher outlines:

“We get to make friends with all the ladies in the main office…They give us candy. Shout out to Mrs. Dumbrill!”

Being just four of hundreds of senior at WMC to do the morning announcements is an honor for these four seniors who have become really great friends in their time together everyday:

“We are four kids that I never thought in a million years I would call my true best friends.” Mustacchio says about his fellow announcement crew. (Cue the “Awe Dante’s”

Upon spending all this time together, all four of these enthusiastic students agree that doing the morning announcements has been an important asset to make their senior year memorable.

Whether it’s a ‘Wacky Wednesday’ or a a ‘Fabulous Friday,’ these four individuals are happy to help inform your of the happenings of WMC.