IB/AP Testing Returns to WMC

Well Juniors and Seniors, it’s that time of year again where endless studying, and stress ensues. The month of May marks the start of IB and AP testing. Students take an accumulation of their knowledge from the year and showcase it on these rigorous exams.

These test are offered in several subjects, and even reward well-performing student with college credit. WMC students spend all year expanding their knowledge in preparation for these tests, in hopes that their efforts will pay off.

Students may have noticed the sizes of their classes dwindling down to few people. This could be because student are diligently testing in the library, career lab, or even local churches.

If a student not taking these tests wants to understand the stress, it is a common thing for IB/AP kids to take their stress to social media.

As student prepare incessantly, their other school work may be difficult to balance. Senior, Stephanie Ercole, talks about these anxieties:

“I feel the tests are beneficial if you receive college credits,  but its very difficult to balance the already demanding school work on top of adamantly preparing for the tests.”

Whether you are taking the IB Calc exam, or the AP Psych exam, know that no matter what, your best effort is all that is required. As long as you know you prepared to the best of your ability, that is enough to be proud of.