Student of the Month:Integrity

Student of the Month:Integrity

Tori Wehmeyer is a freshman here at West Morris Central and has already made her mark. She is a key player on the WMC basketball team, and she continues to shine as a player while showing sportsmanship. However, basketball is not the only thing she is currently enjoying throughout the school year. As she is taking interesting courses in her freshman year, history seems to be her favorite, as she enjoys Mr. Nicolosi’s teaching methods. Tori enjoys the challenge of her classes as well, such as English, but she is always up for a challenge. Tori is certainly a great candidate for this award, as she is a hard worker and risk taker whether it comes to basketball or school. Tori advises students to “never stop grinding because you are capable of more than you think.” Great Job Tori.

Nellie Nigra is almost halfway through her Sophomore year. There is no question about how challenging this year has been but Nellie has kept pushing through. Nellie is taking AP Biology with Mrs. Gizas and loves it. On the other hand, she is taking Algebra II which is not her strongest subject but she is still doing her best. Outside of class, Nellie plays softball and helps with Relay for Life, Sarah’s Pals, and so many more. Juggling so many extracurriculars along with a rigorous academic schedule is certainly difficult but Nellie does a great job balancing it all. She advises people to have good communication with their teachers and classmates as a main key to success. Awesome work Nellie.

Lily Inskeep is a Junior here at West Morris Central. One of her favorite parts about the year so far is the freedom of her science classes. She is taking a science class called Sports, Exercise, and Health. It is her favorite yet hardest class. Lily is hoping to pursue physical therapy in the future. She knows Junior year is notoriously difficult however she continues to persevere even through sickness. Lily is super involved at school: she is a cheerleader, and participates in Reach, Peer Tutoring, and P.A.W.S.! Lily encourages other students to have an impact on others and get involved. She wants everyone to leave a positive impact on the school and people. Congratulations Lily.

Jaqueline Denaro is currently a senior at WMC. Her senior year has been great as she enjoys all the classes she’s taking while spending time with family and friends. One of her favorite classes is architecture, as her interest in architecture started sophomore year and decided she would continue to study it. She continues to take the class as it has allowed her to explore architecture more profoundly, contributing to an impressive portfolio for her future. Although she is enjoying many of her classes, all the work combined for IB, college, and classes has brought stress. However, this does not discourage Jaqueline, as she continues to be a hard-working student. Along with taking rigorous courses, Jaqueline is involved in many extracurricular activities, such as Project Peace, Ski Club, Girls soccer, Reach, Archery, Service-Learning Club, the Spring Musicals, and the Vice President of Sarah’s PALS. Jaqueline has a lot on her plate but continues to uphold the principle of integrity. Jaqueline advises people to take electives that interest them rather than following the crowd. Great work Jaqueline.