The Paw Newspaper

The Paw Newspaper

The Paw Newspaper

P.R.I.D.E. Respect: Student of the Month

Ryder Korczukowski (Photo Credits: Julie Githens)

Freshman Ryder Korczukowski finds ways to be respectful to his classmates and teachers. In an interview, when asked how he does so specifically, Korczukowski states, “I just try to be mindful of everybody and think about what they might be going through. I just try my best to help out if I can if they need assistance. I’m respectful to everybody since they respect me.” He was not expecting to be awarded this honor but he is proud of himself for working hard and trying his best. He states that his high of the year was “definitely getting quickly used to high school and getting the hand of my classes. Korczukowski also states, “My worst part of this year is probably asking for help if I need it because I don’t always do it. I kind of just try to figure it out myself.” Ryder tries his best in all classes, not only focusing on grades but also trying to show his teachers that he can improve. For example, after struggling in math class in years past, Ryder has been able to improve his math skills and fully understand the topic. Respect is an important characteristic to him and he is excited to see how far he can take himself throughout high school and the rest of his year. Besides working hard in his classes, Ryder also participated in freshman basketball this past season. When asked how he won the award, he states, “I think it’s just trying my best because not all my grades are A Pluses. I’m just trying to work hard and try my best. It’s not even all about the grades.”

Olivia Astaci-Banda (Photo Credits: Julie Githens)

Sophomore Olivia Astacio-Banda makes sure to treat all of her classmates and teachers with respect. This respectful character is shown in all the aspects of her school life. Olivia states “I don’t speak during classes. I’m always nice to my teachers and anyone else in my surroundings.” She makes sure to always offer help to her classmates if needed. She continues, “If anyone ever needs someone to sit by I’m always there and helping.” She has had an amazing sophomore year filled with mostly positive experiences. She states, “My highs were definitely my teachers because they’re all very helpful, nice, and easygoing. I don’t really have any lows.” Olivia is also part of West Morris Central High School varsity cheer and always shows respect to her teammates and coaches. When asked to advise students, she states, “Just be nice to people even if you don’t necessarily like them. Just go with the flow and you do you.”

Paytyn Crisp (Photo Credits: Julie Githens)

Paytyn Crisp, a junior at West Morris Central was chosen as student of the month because she demonstrates respect for all those around her. Paytyn believes respect is showing you care about other people and places. She believes the effort you put into being respectful comes back. Lastly, Paytyn offers advice towards other students: “By showing kindness towards teachers and other students, people will be more willing to help you.” She continues on to say that “by being nice towards teachers specifically will make their job easier and they will be more thankful and considerate to pay that good deed back.” 

Alexandra Mancini (Photo Credits: Julie Githens)

Alexandra Mancini, a senior at West Morris Central, was chosen as student of the month because of the respect she shows for everyone she encounters at WMC. Respect is something that has always been very important to her. When people show respect towards her, it makes her feel better and more willing to return that to everyone else around her. Being student of the month is exciting and she is very grateful to be given the opportunity. Alexandra hopes that “everyone will continue to show respect” as it will help them later on in life.