The Paw Newspaper

The Paw Newspaper

The Paw Newspaper

P.R.I.D.E. Integrity: Student of the Month

Freshman Kaylee Vieira

Kaylee Vieira shows her integrity in multiple aspects of her life. This award came as a surprise to Vieira but she agrees that she has worked hard for her grades by studying and completing classwork. She explains, “I put in a lot of effort outside of class and study a lot. Me and my friends will talk about class but we never share answers. We talk about school but we never share classwork or quiz grades. I think it’s important to be your own student because here you are competing and it’s important to do your own work and be honest and a good student. That’s all part of graduating and going even further.” Her value of honesty shows in all her classes and she expresses the importance of it in her advice to other students. Vieira states, “Your freshman year does matter. It’s important to get good grades, be a good student, and be honest with your teacher. Always email.” She is also a very well-rounded individual, stating, “I do track and I do soccer. I just started a new program where I teach little kids in a cooking and baking class. I do CCD and I help aid the church.” In all these activities Viera hopes to “show honest integrity and to inspire all the kids that [she does] that with as well as [her] coach and other teammates in soccer.” Balancing all these activities can come as a stressful challenge, but she believes that as long as you are honest with your coaches and teachers you have support.

Addison Faulkner is a very hard-working student of West Morris Central who demonstrates integrity. Upon receiving this recognition, Faulkner states, “I feel very honored to win such a noble award from the administration and I’m happy that they have acknowledged my effort as a student.” Even with playing for the WMC girl’s basketball team and being on the CSA soccer club outside of school, she continues to hold high grades. She states, “I try working really hard and I always try to keep straight As and Bs. I always do what’s expected of me.” To keep her good grades, Faulkner states, “I study, I go in for extra study sessions, and I ask the teacher for help.” Outside of grades, she shows her compassion for others on her sports teams and classmates by being ready to help. These strong morals of compassion show in her advice to other students. Faulkner states, “It can be hard at times and very stressful especially for me because I procrastinate, but as long as you put in the effort to try that’s good enough. Even if you don’t succeed at least you’re putting the effort in to try to.”

Junior Sarah Digabriele

Junior Sarah Digabriele feels proud and honored to be designated as Student of the Month for November. Sarah works hard in and out of the classroom to achieve her goals. She appreciates her teachers and all that they do for her. Sarah is also involved in many extracurricular activities such as Highlanders for Humanity, Unified, The Paw, REACH and Red Cross. Outside of WMC, she is a competitive cheerleader at Central Jersey Allstars. Her best piece of advice for students is to work on having balance as she often stays up late to finish assignments and study for upcoming tests. Managing time has been stressful and heavy on Sarah. She advises, “Sometimes managing workload and social life can feel overwhelming, but make a strategy to get everything done so you have time for yourself.” Right now Sarah is focusing on keeping her grades up through the second marking period, but in the future she plans on attending a four year college to further her education. In Sarah’s opinion, her best subject changes based on what she is learning about. Some things click for her right away while others she has to work harder for to understand. Some of her favorite classes are math and science because she is constantly learning new problems. Outside of academics, she hopes to have a great cheer season, win champion titles and bond further with her teammates.