The Paw Newspaper

The Paw Newspaper

The Paw Newspaper

Guidance Monthly Update: February 2024

Image by Dakotah Hubbard.

Happy February! Here is some information from guidance to keep in mind over the course of the second month of 2024.

February 16 marks the midpoint of the third marking period. Students struggling in a class can request a peer tutor.

Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors should be in the process of creating their schedule for the 2024-2025 school year. They should schedule meetings with their guidance counselors to do so if they haven’t already. More information about scheduling can be found on the WMC website.

In addition to meeting with their counselors to discuss their junior year schedules, sophomores can schedule Sophomore Conferences to talk about possible careers, the college process, and their final two years of high school. More information about Sophomore Conferences can be found in emails sent out by guidance counselors.

Although they don’t have to make their schedules for their next year at WMC, seniors should still contact their guidance counselors to inform them of admissions decisions from colleges.

Guidance counselors also will travel to the Long Valley Middle School in February to begin working with incoming freshmen.