Guidance Monthly Update: April 2024

Guidance updates for the month of April. Image by Dakotah Hubbard.

April is here! Here are some updates from guidance to keep in mind as we enter the next month (and the next season!) of 2024.

Throughout the month, sophomores are encouraged to explore future career pathways on Naviance through the assessments found under the “Self-Discovery” tab.

Local scholarships for seniors are due to Mrs. Wagner in Guidance by 3 PM on April 2nd. Make sure you get your applications submitted on time, as no late applications will be accepted. Information about the scholarships can be found on the WMC website.

On April 4th, the rotation will change from a Day 4 to a Day 3. 

Guidance counselors will meet with freshmen on April 5th and April 8th to review the goals they set on Naviance in October.

Princeton Review will visit WMC to tell juniors their tips for the college essay during juniors’ gym or health periods on April 11th

Counselors will meet with juniors during their gym or health periods on April 25th and 26th to complete their Student Brag Sheets and discuss guidance counselor and teacher recommendation requests for their college application. 

Finally, Tuesday, April 30th marks the Mid-Mark of the fourth (and last!) marking period of the 2023-2024 school year. Students struggling in a class can request a peer tutor.