Guidance Monthly Update: October 2022

October is here and half the first marking period is already over! Here are some reminders from guidance to keep in mind as the month goes on.

College
There will be college fairs hosted at WMC on October 27th and November 15th. The County College of Morris will be having an open house on October 22nd.

Wellness
On October 27th, student athletes and their families are invited to come and listen to a presenter speak about wellness as a student athlete. This will take place at WMC.

PSAT and PACT
On October 12th, grades 10 and 11 will be taking the PACT or the PSAT in school. The Sophomores will be given the PACT and the Juniors will be given the PSAT. For grades 9 and 12, there will be a delayed opening. Grade 9 will be having an assembly when they arrive at school and grade 12 can come in after the delayed opening for college application help.

Extra Help
Peer tutoring is available to sign up for on the website for any students who need help with any of their subjects. In addition, the Math Resource Center is open every period for those who need help with math.

Election
There is still time to register to vote in the November election! Check the WMC website.

Also, Mr. Ferrari, the Director of School Counseling Services at West Morris, wanted WMC students to know that guidance counselors send monthly update emails!