Guidance Monthly Update: May 2023

Adobe Stock/Luchelle

Adobe Stock/Luchelle

May is finally here and the school year is almost done! Here are some updates from guidance to keep in mind as the month goes on!

May 5th- 

There will be a job fair run by Mrs. Jaross, the District Work Based Learning Coordinator at West Morris, in the library at lunchtime. There will be multiple different local employment opportunities for those who are interested. In addition, students will have the opportunity to be assisted through the process of working papers and applying for a job! 

May 16th- 

As freshmen and juniors are testing, there will be a wellness fair hosted for the sophomores and seniors at WMC. On this day, multiple therapeutic vendors from the area and teachers will be hosting different sessions on wellness for students. There will be activities such as outdoor games and yoga for students to participate in. 

May 23rd- 

The freshmen and juniors will also be testing on this day, however, there will be a career fair hosted for the sophomores and seniors. Students will have the opportunity to explore three different careers that they are interested in. In addition, they will be able to ask questions and interact with people who work in the careers that they are interested in.  

AP/IB Testing- 

Students who plan on taking AP or IB tests this year should have already signed up to do so. If taking a test, be sure to know when it is and to prepare for it accordingly. 

SAT/ACT- 

The SAT will be held at WMC on June 3rd; the deadline to register for the test is May 4th. You can sign up for this test on the College Board website. The ACT will be held at WMC on June 10th; the deadline to register for the test is May 5th. You can sign up for this test on the ACT website