Guidance Monthly Update: November 2022

The month of November is beginning, and with it the beginning of the second marking period. This can be a stressful time in the college search and application process for both seniors who are finishing their applications and juniors who are continuing to become more involved in researching schools or other plans for after high school is over. Here are some reminders from guidance on what to be considering this month. 

AP Exam Registration

November 14 is the deadline for AP exam registration. All registration is done online through Total Registration.

Planning for Post-High School

WMC will be hosting a college fair on November 15 where students from any grade can attend and connect with over thirty colleges.

WMC will also be hosting a vocational fair on December 1 for students not interested in pursuing college after high school. This may be useful for those that might want to become electricians, plumbers, firefighters, police officers, or pursue other similar careers.

The County College of Morris will have its instant decision day on December 12. If a student would like to attend the County College of Morris, they can complete the application ahead of time, meet with a representative, and get accepted on this day.

On December 22, WMC will be hosting an alumni fair. Here, students can talk to graduated students of West Morris about their college experiences. 

WMC is also currently offering a college admissions interview series that can be found on the school’s website. Each week, a new interview with a college representative will be released.

The guidance department would also like to remind students who are currently researching colleges to continue visiting schools and talking to admissions representatives during this month.