WMC Counseling Update: December 2021

WMC Counseling Update: December 2021

As we prepare to enter the New Year, the Central counseling department is hustling and bustling! There’s new updates and deadlines for almost every grade of students here, and hopefully the counseling update can help keep students up to date.

Freshmen:

Although there aren’t any immediate deadlines or events in the counseling-related future, the WMC administration hopes that all of the freshmen can become even more interested in joining the school community. As always, peer tutoring is open for any students that want extra help, and the guidance counselors hope that any interested students will sign up for any clubs and activities that still catch their eye. It’s never too late!

Sophomores:

As sophomores, you’re starting to look forward further into your future high school and post-high school career. This includes looking at P-ACT scores, becoming more familiar with Naviance, and possibly applying to Morris County Vo-Tech. Looking even further into the future, the Sophomore Parent Night will take place on January 6th, and sophomore conferences (which discuss scheduling and the very beginnings of the college process) will begin in early 2022 as well.

Juniors:

The beginning stages of the college process are beginning to pick up, and the junior counseling department is starting preparations! Junior conferences started earlier this month and will continue into January, where juniors discuss standardized testing, college visits, and more. For REACH applicants, once all interviews have been completed results will be announced early in 2022. Counselors encourage juniors to start their college visits early!

Seniors:

As the college process continues in full swing, and the guidance department closes for winter break, there are a few things that counselors want to make sure that seniors know! Firstly, transcript requests can be made through this link for any seniors that require them. In terms of other college requirements, counselors implore students to make sure that they’ve fulfilled all of their requirements: the SRAR, marking period 1 grades, etc. Looking to the future, CCM Instant Decision Day takes place on February 2nd for interested students.