The Paw Newspaper

The Paw Newspaper

The Paw Newspaper

Pop Star Cher Releases Her First Christmas Album

This will be her 27th studio album in her 6th decade of music.
Image Credit: Billboard

Christmas is just around the corner and with that comes new songs from favorite artists. This year however is different. In  previous years,  there have been songs from artists like Mariah Carey, Ariana Grande, Michael Buble, and Kelly Clarkson. This time everyone gets a Christmas album from the Queen Of Pop herself, Cher.

Cher is a singer, movie star, and TV star. She was in the movie Mamma Mia!: Here We Go Again. Which is based on the band ABBA. Cher has also done a cover album of ABBA songs. But what she is well known for is when she was in the band Sonny & Cher with her husband. They created songs such as “I Got You Babe”, “Baby Don’t Go”, “The Beat Goes On”, and many many more. When she went solo,  she went on to create the songs “Believe”, “If I Could Turn Back Time”, and “I Found Someone”. 

This is Cher’s first time doing a Christmas Album within her 6 decade long career. She first announced that she was releasing an album on Instagram writing “Are you spending Christmas with me?” She also has just released her lead single from the album called DJ Play A Christmas Song by announcing on X (formerly known as Twitter) “DJ PLAY A CHRISTMAS SONG 4 THE WORLD!” It has amassed 168,894 streams on Spotify and it has not even been a week yet.

Her new upcoming album will be her 27th studio album. It will come out on October 20th.