Christmas Movie Countdown

As the cold weather builds up and Christmas is just three weeks away, many people enjoy curling up by the fire and relaxing to many of the Christmas classics. Re-watching long-lasting favorites or exploring new ones is a great way to start up the holiday season. Don’t wait to start and revive the joyful spirit.

For the first week, spend time between the 1900s and the 2000s periods. On the more classic side, there is Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Story, and It’s a Wonderful Life. On the modern side of entertainment there is Little Women, The Man who Invented Christmas, and the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid Christmas: Cabin Fever which is coming out December 8.

For the second week, spend time rewatching familiar favorites including The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Elf, Home Alone, and The Santa Claus. To relive beloved childhood memories, one can also enjoy the animated movies Frosty the Snowman, A Charlie Brown Christmas, the Polar Express, The Year without a Santa Claus, and It’s a Merry Muppet Christmas.

With only one week left til the big day, use it to bring emotions to your home. Christmas with the Kranks, Jack Frost, Christmas Vacation, and Scrooged provide many laughs and fill people with joy. If comedy isn’t your favorite, you could also choose to experience seasonal horror movies. Krampus, Violent Night, A Christmas Horror Story, and even Gremlins leave viewers with chills.

Favorites of West Morris Central High School students were surveyed to reveal the statistics. Voted by Freshman Olivia Janke, sophomore Samantha Rosamilia, sophomore Raffaela Kinney, junior Giuliana Rolli, freshman Mady Pollio, and sophomore Aidan Cuccaro was Home Alone as this being their holiday go-to. The humorous Home Alone easily won. Second place fell to the classic Elf with votes from sophomore Sofia Delisant, sophomore Marrisa Krentz, freshman Kristina Vlezco, junior Kasper Strugala, and sophomore Annie Horutz. Third place went to Christmas Vacation with sophomore Devon Thies, sophomore Kelly Morgan, and junior Jack Lapella selecting it. Connecting with these familiar childhood classics brings the Christmas Spirit alive!

Let this holiday season come to life with the numerous different options for holiday entertainment. Spend time with your family and friends as you enjoy the spirit brought alive by the motion pictures and let yourself be drawn into the joy of the Christmas season.