“Anyone But You”… Must See this Movie!

The touching movie, Anyone But You, has increasingly grown popular as it draws viewers into the love life of Ben (Glen Powell) and Bea (Sydney Sweeney). Released on December 22, 2023, the movie was a big hit because many people have gone back to see it for a second time through the short period it has been out. IMDb gave Anyone But You a 6.6/10 stars. People were captivated by the refreshing comeback of this romcom. The movie was rated 51 percent on Rotten Tomatoes by movie critics, but audiences gave it a rating of 86 percent. The movie opens with Bea running into a coffee shop needing to use the bathroom. She is told she can’t go unless she buys something. Ben quickly jumps to her need pretending to be her husband and buys her a drink. They then had an amazing first date and connected immediately. Both seemed to enjoy each other’s company, however, a mistake on both of their parts quickly creates a grudge. Neither was expecting to see each other again until invited to a destination wedding in Sidney, Australia. To benefit the both of them and the two brides, they feign a relationship.
The comedic scenes in this movie and the mysterious air around the two actors, as they battle confusion and feelings, keep viewers constantly entertained. I would in no way compare it to the famous How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, but it exceeds recent releases. Many of the scenes are vulnerable and Sydney and Glen’s chemistry depicts it easily. One review on Rotten Tomatoes writes, “10/10 Highly recommended! Laughter is on point. I love the characters as well. A job well done to all the cast!” Some people had different opinions. Another writes, “It was a great rom-com, but it’s simply just that a basic romcom. Sometimes cringe just the in-your-face idiocracy that’s like why? but like i said it tries to be a classic romcom.” Overall, most adored the movie and the love spiral of Ben and Bea. See it now in movie theaters near you!