From Unwrapping the Magic Within the Chocolate: The Evolution of the Willy Wonka Movies

Wiktor Reinfuss
New addition to the Willy Wonka movies starring Timothee Chalamet, would you watch it?

On December 15, 2023 a new fantasy and musical movie was released, otherwise known as Wonka. At almost 2 hours long, the movie is filled with wonder, delight, ambition, determination and happiness. Timothee Chalamet starring as a young Willy Wonka shows a new side to himself and his company by showing his rising production of chocolate for everybody to enjoy. It shows how Mr. Willy Wonka started his business despite many challenges for him to overcome which inspires many people to follow their dreams and see what they can accomplish, just like Willy Wonka had done. Overcoming enemies and betrayal, young Wonka manages to change the place he resides in by not only discovering the truth but making things fair for everyone.

Willy Wonka started out with nothing but his imagination and a hat full of money for him to start his business after arriving in Europe to establish his chocolate shop at the Galeries Gourmet, the best place to sell chocolate he was told as a child by his mother. After spending all of his money the first night he arrived, he is given an opportunity to stay at a boarding house by Mrs Scrubitt’s henchman. Although an orphan otherwise known as Noodles tries to give him a warning he signs the fine print because he is illiterate not knowing that he just signed his life away.

The next day Willy Wonka tries to sell his chocolate to the people to pay off the money he owes Mrs Scrubitt’s for staying over at the boarding house, but he is unable to do so due to three rival chocolatiers that called the chief of police to confiscate his earnings for selling chocolate without a chocolate shop. Unable to pay the large fees imposed on him by the contract, Wonka is captured and forced to work in a launderette for Mrs Scrubitt alongside five other captives including the orphan Noodles, who tried to warn him at the beginning. Learning of a chocolate cartel consisting of the chocolatiers who exploited the chief to do their bidding of stopping Wonka, Wonka makes a plan with Noodles later including the other captives to make chocolate and get their freedom back.

Together they all embark on selling chocolate for their debts, hiding from Mrs Scrubitt and the police, discovering the truth behind a short orange man, and lastly discover the truth behind the chocolatiers.

The movie often showed heartwarming and funny moments that made the entire musical movie amazing, with many plot twists and shocking truths that will reveal the truth behind the chocolate wrappers and have some people finally accomplish things that they were waiting their whole life for. So don’t wait now, go see it!