Sink or Swim: Aquaman’s Final Journey

New DC movie, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
Reddit

Released on December 22, 2023, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom is a stunning, action packed adventure that delivers spectacle and exciting battles underwater. The movie is directed by James Wan, and follows Arthur Curry also known as Aquaman, four years after he married Mera. He confronts his past and faces a returning threat to his kingdom and family he built.

Jason Momoa once again shines in the role of Aquaman, showing his charisma and physicality of the character, making people more enthusiastic about the movie. The chemistry between him and Amber Heard who plays Mera is one of the key highlights on the film as it shows how they truly care for one another on and off film with other returning characters as well.

The Lost Kingdom is a breathtaking film, with the underwater world brought to life with vibrant and specific details. From underwater cities, like Atlantis, to epic underwater battles between the characters and the protagonist, every scene is amazing.

The film’s plot, although amazing, has many storylines and characters trying to gain attention that makes everything feel complicated. Some of the details feel undeveloped and the pacing is uneven, going from very fast to extremely slow, as well as cringey moments that make the audience roll their eyes. However the film has an overall strong performance that makes you drop your jaw and widen your eyes that every fan of the franchise and Aquaman movie will love.

Overall the sequel, most likely being the last official Aquaman movie, was a success that made many people buy tickets and watch the two hour long movie that delighted many people in the audience, myself included. With the thrilling action and surprising plot twists, it’s the time worth spending to see the depths of the ocean with the beloved Aquaman. Seeing who will win and “swim” away and who will be defeated and “sink”.