Witnessing the Rare Solar Eclipse!

david sokol
2024 Total solar eclipse photos:see images of rare celestial event

On April 9th, 2024, an amazing natural phenomenon occurred that captured the country’s attention as the moon passed directly between the earth and the sun. This rare event, known as a solar eclipse, drew crowds of many people who gathered around in various places across the world to view the event.

People in Dallas, Indianapolis, Cleveland, parts of Pennsylvania and Buffalo were treated to a few minutes of complete darkness as the moon cast its shadow over the earth otherwise known as the path of totality according to Aljazeera. This the first total eclipse to be visible to this part of America since 2017. People in New Jersey specifically could see the eclipse but were not in the path of totality unlike other states.

The cities and communities that were not in the path of totality were still able to see the eclipse partially. It was still amazing to look at a different and more breathtaking view as the moon partially covered the sun. The eclipse could also be seen in other countries as well. All people had to use special glasses with filters to safely look at the eclipse.

The eclipse also provided scientists and many other watchers with a view of the corona, as it can only be viewed during a total solar eclipse. The corona is usually hidden by the bright light of the Sun’s surface, as it is the outermost part of the Sun’s atmosphere which makes it difficult to see without using special instruments.

Fun Fact; the next total eclipse that will be seen in the US will be on August 23, 2044 in 20 years!