The Paw Newspaper

The Paw Newspaper

The Paw Newspaper

L.A. Money Storage Facility Robbed – $30 Million Taken

L.A. Money Storage Facility Robbed - $30 Million Taken

In all of Los Angeles’s and the United State’s history, there has not been a heist as big as the one that took place on Easter Sunday. The thieves stole up to 30 million dollars from the San Fernando Valley money storage facility in San Fernando Valley, California. The Los Angeles Police Force is working hard to find the bandits.
According to the Los Angeles Times, “Sources familiar with the investigation told The Times that a burglary crew broke through the roof of the Gardaworld building on Roxford Street to gain access to the vault. But it is unclear how they avoided the alarm system.” Not only did the crew break through the roof, but an ABC-7 TV news helicopter showed that they also cut a hole into the side of the building, simply covering it with a piece of plywood.
The theft remained undiscovered until security checked the vault the following Monday morning. The Los Angeles Times states, “At least one alarm was triggered during the crime, but it was not connected to local law enforcement, according to a source familiar with the investigation who was not authorized to discuss it publicly.”
The Los Angeles Police Chief announced that there was no forceful entry to the vault. It was either unlocked by one of the members or wasn’t closed properly.
This intricate robbery shows that skilled burglars were involved and had a very intricate design plan, leaving little evidence for authorities to work with. It is suggested that the robbers had some inside knowledge of the storage facility. Investigators continue to search worldwide for criminals with similar strategies or M.O.s (Modes of Operation) to find the people responsible for taking 30 million dollars.
LA Police authorities reported they have collected fingerprints and searched security footage around the neighborhood. Arrests of suspects have occurred but the full mystery of the heist is yet to be revealed.