Taylor Weth Athlete of the Month

Congratulations to Taylor Weth on being nominated for February Athlete of the Month! Weth swims for the WMC team, as well as her club team. Weth has been swimming for her whole life, and is involved in a summer league which allows her to swim year round. Weth has a trainer which helps her, and also the coaches for the WMC team who help her to perform at her best. Looking to her future, Taylor is currently committed to Saint Francis University to continue her athletic and academic career!
Weth’s favorite race is the breaststroke, and she has set several team records in that category this year. Her 100 yd Breaststroke personal record (PR) is 55.14, and her 50 yd Freestyle PR is 24.56. In 2022, Weth Competed in the Junior Olympics and placed 4th in the 100 yard breaststroke.
Weth’s favorite team tradition is the pasta parties which help the team to bond, and the “bus rides to and from the meets and practices’.” Her favorite memory of swimming at WMC is “the fun practices where we do relays’ ‘ because she always remembers those being super great for bonding on the team as well. Weth describes the team dynamic as a “family, we’re really close and it’s super fun”.
Many high school students who compete at a high level struggle to maintain their grades and balance obligations. Weth is familiar with the struggle, and advises student-athletes to “manage time well” because the work adds up quickly.
If she could speak with her freshman self, Weth would say to “do it for fun” which she would advise any student athletes to do when starting out athletic and academic careers. She would also tell her younger self not to “stress too much about the races.” because better things are coming soon.
Thank you Taylor, congratulations on this accomplishment, and go red flash!